-
Yes I know what you are saying I have study these Guys, I look into Shooting 16, But I learn the cost to Blow it up 35mm Right is very high, I check with Labs and they said to do it cheaply is 30 to 50,000 to do it like Hollywood 1 Million. My Movie will be going right to the Movie Houses. So I need a 35 print. I am trying to get a few more loans & a parttime job,and I want be buying a car. So I home to have another 20,000 to 30,000.I am not sure about that but I do have the 100,000 .
-
Thanks for keeping it going .i GOT THE answere Film is better for me to shoot.
-
Author
Topic: Digital shooting & Starwars BrendaSmith
Senior Hostboard Member
Member # 12575
Member Rated:
posted June 30, 2002 02:00 PM
"How did Lucas get Starwars to look so go."
Well Brenda, he had a DP light it well, costume people dress the actors, computer whizzes designing intricate electronic matting schemes, Actors carefully picked for the parts from a choice of thousands, make-up people, etc.....
"What kind of camera did he use?"
I don't know the exact name, but I do believe Lucas has been given the best HD Camera available, and perhaps he stands to gain financially once HD takes off.
"How much does it cost to transfer Digital to film?"
I believe a film print of the final digital edit master costs somewhere between $30,000 -$75,000. I heard when Sony first offered the service, they would NOT make a negative, only a print! So if yo wanted another print, you had to pay the same fee! I heard about 4-6 months ago that Sony had closed down some digital center that they had set-up in the LA area.
"I got a loan to do my Movie & it is for theater release."
Good Luck.
-
Yes I know all this now ! Film is for me!!!!